May 17, 2016

Author Interview: Jack Lewis Baillot


Today I am excited to announce the up and coming book, Brothers-in-Arms, by Jack Lewis Baillot!!  It will be available on the 31st, so keep an eye out!! 

In honor of such an occasion, Jack is here on this very blog to answer some questions for us!! 


             1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?


When I was thirteen, though I had been telling stories long before that. But when I turned thirteen I wrote a story about four siblings, a goat, and a flood and I realized I wanted to write for the rest of my life.


    2. How long does it take you to write a book?
 A month when I'm not running all around trying to do boring adult things. This month there has been no new book because the state wants me to be an adult. Next month, the hermit returns and books will emerge.  

    3. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
 Random. I usually write in the evenings with a cup of tea. But even then I am all over the place and trying to do reading, editing, and who knows what else at the same time.   

    4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
 I make the expressions I write about. So if a character is frowning or glaring I frown and glare. If they laugh, I laugh. It amused my family.  

    5. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
 The voices in my head. Maybe that is a cheating answer but it is true. They come and chatter to me, tell me their names and their story, and TADA! There it is. 
 
    6. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
 Eat cookies. Plot world domination. Read. Annoy my neighbors...wait, did I just say that last one? 

    7. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
 That I cannot plot. When I do the characters change it. It's been interesting realizing this, but also fun. Most of the time when I write the plot changes and twists are a big surprise to me.  

    8. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
 Write every day. Even a line. And don't stress about making the first draft perfect. They aren't meant to be. They are meant to be fun and exciting and never shown to another human being. That is why we edit. 

    9. What do you think makes a good story?
 The characters. Always.  

    10. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
 An Author....as well as a detective. I still am on the hunt for a good mystery I can solve.  
 

Thank you for being here, Jack!  Congratulations on your book release!
 



Author Bio

Jack is one of those strange people who calls herself an Author. She spends a lot of her time writing and even less time editing. She likes to write about friendships which is partly how Brothers-in-Arms came to be. More than ten years in the making, this is the book she dreaded the most writing, but which also has the most meaning for her.

When Jack isn't writing, which doesn't happen too often, she keeps busy with various other hobbies – such as reading, playing the bagpipes to the dread of her neighbors, and drinking tea – which might not be considered a hobby by most but which should be.

She lives in a cabin in the woods with her dog and a library which isn't quite equal to Prince Adam's but will be given enough time and a secret doorway.



Contact Info

Facebook –
https://www.facebook.com/JackLBaillot

Twitter – https://twitter.com/JackLBaillot

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5862775.Jack_Lewis_Baillot

Blog – http://www.jacklewisbaillot.com/




Goodreads link -
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24703965-brothers-in-arms

Brothers-in-Arms Pintrest Page - https://www.pinterest.com/jackbaillot/brothers-in-arms/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment