June 27, 2015

Abroad (Continuation)

More pictures!  Almost home... but it's been an epic journey!

From NE, I traveled to KY for the nationals SkillsUSA competition.  :)  I love KY, I think I could live there.   
Louisville, KY (the locals said it's pronounced Luval...)

This competition was so insanely huge (approximately 6,000 competitors and 10,000 staff members)!  It was held in the Kentucky Expo Center and they used every square inch of indoor space... 1.3 million square feet.  There were competitions being held in everything from Aviation Service Technology to Esthetics and Cosmetics.  :) 
SkillsUSA, Automotive Technology.

SkillsUSA, Commercial Baking.

SkillsUSA, Team Fabrication

Skills USA National Competitors
SkillsUSA, Closing Ceremonies
Between the last two picture, I went to Kentucky Kingdom, but the camera stayed in the car... good thing, too, because the Raging Rapid River Rafting ride just about did me in, haha! 


One of the afternoons was free, so to the racetrack I went!  I bet on three horses, and every one of them came in either dead last or second to last... ha!  I think I need to work on my strategy a tad.
Churchill Downs!!! 


Such beauty!

Claim race on the turf track. 
Last race I watched, I stood down by the railing at the finish line.  Definitely worth venturing into the sweltering heat for a few great shots!
Largest Bass Pro Shop, Memphis, KY.  Pretty impressive! 
Nashville, TN.  I've always wanted to go there, but this is as close as I got today.  I'll go back and get the full effect someday... instead, I soothed myself with country music on the radio. 



That was my week in a nutshell!  What are some of your favorite things you've done while on vacation?   

No comments:

Post a Comment